SweptForums
Tale of Flocksworth Announced - Printable Version

+- SweptForums (https://forums.sweptthr.one)
+-- Forum: Tale of Flocksworth Zone (https://forums.sweptthr.one/forum-38.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sweptthr.one/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Tale of Flocksworth Announced (/thread-73.html)

Tale of Flocksworth Announced - SweptThrone - 05-28-2023

In November of 2019, I wanted to make a game.  That's about all I had.  I had ideas for a world, but no clear plans or clue how the game would even play.
Two months later I opened these forums, and on them was a section dedicated to the SPIHGUOY - the Secret Project I Haven't Given Up On Yet.  After all, you can't give up on what you haven't started, right?  I thought that having a public platform to post about something would push me to work on it so it wouldn't remain empty, but it didn't help at all, so two years later it was deleted.

Today, I have a solid idea, a lot of passion, and a desire to get it done.  I'm ready to commit to making this game a reality and in doing so, the SPIHGUOY sheds its current form and reveals its true on - Tale of Flocksworth, a randomly-generated medieval RPG where your choices shape the world.

I briefly mentioned this project in this thread when I closed the SPIHGUOY Zone and replaced it with the Codename Pineapple Zone, which is now re-replaced with the Tale of Flocksworth Zone.

I've learned a lot in the past seven years, both in terms of code practices and managing projects and I'm ready to apply it all to make this a reality.  It's a long road ahead, I'm ready to take it, and I'm excited to share my progress.

As of this announcement, I am going to shift focus to this project.  Garry's Mod stuff will still receive support but expect it to be delayed.  Other in-progress addons and such will probably be thrown into limbo.
I'm currently creating a roadmap for myself so that I can stay on-track throughout development and so that I can retain a clear vision of what I need to do.
Progress reports will continue and will feature media as I develop things worth showing.  A thread will be created in the Discussion forum of the Tale of Flocksworth Zone to share this media.
The current webfront for Tale of Flocksworth can be found at tof.sweptthr.one.  It's currently a placeholder site that will be improved as the game is worked on.

I know this is a drastic change from what you're used to and might not be your cup of tea, but this is what I've wanted to do for a long time.  If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask in the replies of this thread.

Thank you for reading!

RE: Tale of Flocksworth Announced - SweptThrone - 09-06-2023

I get far too easily influenced by what I see and do when it comes to what I want to work on.  My friends and I were messing around on DarkRP servers last week and it sparked me to want to work on RP server stuff again.  I want to do everything all of the time but I don't have that kind of time, and this all means I just bounce around projects all the time.  Since Garry's Mod stuff and Tale of Flocksworth are both hobby projects, I think I'm going to be embracing by snarky ironic "motto" of "I do what I want" and start doing what I want.  I was foolish to force myself to work full-time on something I had no experience in.  I want to create Tale of Flocksworth, I want to create Codename Pineapple, and I want to create Garry's Mod stuff, so as of this post, I will start doing what I want.  To keep up with what I'm working on, be sure to join my Discord server or just check my progress reports, posted every Saturday evening CST.